Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to use up any leftover store bought rotisserie chicken.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium pot, combine chicken broth, carrot, celery, onion and rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cheese, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
This is the easiest rice soup I've ever made. I thought I might need more seasoning, but it was perfect as is. I cooked it an extra 5 minutes because the rice wasn't quite done, I added a little more water too. Very good, will make again for a quick meal.<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.