1/3 Photos of Easy Cherry Pie (Frozen Cherries/Extreme Low Fat)
1 hr 19 mins
This is a pie that can be made all year long as it is made with frozen cherries, the filling is fat free so enjoy a few pieces without guilt! make certain to measure the full amounts of each cornstarch and tapioca :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- double crust pie crust (to fit an 8-inch pie pan, see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust or use your own favorite pastry recipe)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened cherries (thawed and very well drained)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca, plus
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Prepare a glass 8-inch pie plate.
- 3Roll out one pastry into about a 9-1/2-inch circle.
- 4Gently fit into bottom of the pie plate.
- 5In a bowl combine the well-drained cherries, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and tapioca; toss gently to combine.
- 6Spoon the cherry mixture into the pie crust.
- 7Top with remaining pastry.
- 8Press edges of bottom and top pastry together, then trim and flute.
- 9Cut a couple of steam vents in the top pastry.
- 10Brush the top of the crust with half and half cream, then sprinkle with 2-3 teaspoons sugar.
- 11Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch spills.
- 12Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 13Reduce heat to 375 degrees, continue to bake for about 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden and the pie is bubbly (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent browning).
- 14Cool pie on a rack, before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cherry Pie (Frozen Cherries/Extreme Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g