1/1 Photo of Easy Cake Mix Coffee Cake (Also Known As Breakfast Cake)
1 hr 5 mins
This is a quick and easy way to turn a regular cake mix into something special. We serve this with eggs and bacon on a Sunday morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (can use orange or lemon)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Beat together first four ingredients. Then add eggs one at a time - ( but beat less than two minutes).
- 2Pour 1/2 batter in a 9x13 pan or Bundt pan and pour 3/4 of the filling on top. Pour remaining batter over filling. Sprinkle remaining filling on top (not too much though as the sugar can burn).
- 3Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes (usually not this long).
- 4Glaze-----Heat glaze ingredients until near boiling and glaze while cake is still warm from oven.
- 5NOTES---I have found that the glaze is hit or miss, some people like it some do not. I have started experimenting with different glazes and have found that a thicker glaze works better for my taste -- DH says it doesn't even need a glaze the cake is so good!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cake Mix Coffee Cake (Also Known As Breakfast Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.6
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 655.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: