Recipe by Baby Kato
My dh loves pork chops, me not so much. This is one recipe that we both agree on, the pork chop is moist and tender with a delicious sauce. Its quick and easy and is a great week day meal.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Excellent pork chop dish. I don't have minute rice, so I cooked long grain rice in my rice cooker with the chicken broth. I sauteed the onion and steamed the broccoli and added it to the rice. To make it more diabetic friendly, I used sugar-free honey substitute in place of the maple sugar. I also added a little crushed red pepper flake. Tender, juicy, flavorful pork chops on top of a bed of delicious rice. I will be making this often. Made for December 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 283.49 g chicken broth
- 354.88 ml rice, minute, uncooked
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets, small
- 59.14 ml onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 4 pork chops, bone it
- 59.14 ml Catalina dressing
- 59.14 ml orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2.46 ml orange zest, fine
- 44.37 ml maple syrup, pure
- 29.58 ml almonds, sliced toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broth to a pot and bring to a boil at medium high heat, then stir in the rice, cover and lower heat to medium low, simmer for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Next add the broccoli and sweet onion, stir, cover and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered, for 5 minutes or until the broth is completely absorbed.
- Place a large cooking pan on medium heat and add a little oil, add the pork chops and cook 4 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add the catalina dressing, orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup to the pan, bring to a boil, cooking for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Serve chops over the rice and drizzle with the sauce and garnish with almonds if using.