Recipe by Mirj
This is an easy version of my regular homemade from scratch blintz souffle.
Top Review by Suzanne Siegel
I've made a very similar recipe to this for years. It's great for brunch or to break the fast after Yom Kippur. The orange juice in this is a nice touch. Since my family is not crazy about cheese blintzes, I make it with fruit blintzes. Almost any combination is good. I just made it with one package of blueberry blintzes and one package of cherry. It disappeared in minutes.
- 2 (6 count) packages cheese blintzes, defrosted
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice, undiluted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in an 9"x13" pan.
- Place blintzes over butter in one layer.
- Blend the other ingredients with the eggs and pour over the blintzes.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F or until the top starts to brown.
- The souffle can be served with powdered sugar, strawberries, or any other fruit.