Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so good and easy to make. The recipe came from the back of the Bisquick Mix package.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bottom Crust:.
- Cut 2 tablespoons butter into 1 cup Bisquick baking mix until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons milk until mixture begins to form a ball and cleans side of bowl.
- Pat dough on bottom and up to rim of an ungreased pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining butter in 2 quart saucepan until melted.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Bisquick baking mix, onion and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly, remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken broth; add vegetables.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken.
- Heat through.
- Pour chicken mixture into bottom crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour evenly over chicken mixture, spread gently to edge.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I love this recipe, I sometimes use rotisserie chicken and/ or the herb cream of chicken soup when I make it.
This is one of my husband's favorites!
instead of using cream of chicken soup, i use cream of cheddar, and use fresh vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potates, carrots, and whatever i can get my hands on..this recipe is fool proof, plus its a way the kids and i can eat our vegetables!