Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my family's favorites. Unlike most recipes, this one calls for ground beef. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, Crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces sour cream
- hot egg noodles
- In a large, deep skillet, add onions and beef and brown until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in Remaining Ingredients, except sour cream, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when mixture thickens to desired consistency and let sit for a few minutes. Then add sour cream and mix well until blended.
- Serve immediately over hot noodles.
- ****EDIT: If you prefer your stroganoff mixture a little thinner, increase the milk from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup.
This recipe was sooooo good, i made this the next few nights after!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!!!!!!
This recipe was deee-vine! *as we like to say in South Mississippi*. So yummy! I didn't have mushrooms, nor do my husband or I really eat them, so that part was omitted. I only had a certain kind of noodle (not egg) so that was changed. I also didn't have beef bouillon cubes, but everything still tasted wonderful. Comforting meal at its finest! Glad I found this recipe.
I didn't have the mushrooms so added in some frozen corn at the end. Enjoyed by all!