Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I loved the baked potato soup at O'Charley's, so I came up with my own version.
- 1 cup red potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil potatoes and onion until tender.
- Drain potatoes and onion, reserving 1 cup of the water.
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, water and cheese soup.
- Heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Divide in 2 or 3 bowls and garnish with bacon crumbles, green onion, and shredded cheese.
This is a very nice and easy soup. Flavors blended well together. I didn't think it needed any additional cheese as a garnish. Made for a nice quick lunch. Thanks. Made for PAC Fall 08
I've found a "gem"; this is definitely a keeper. I used Ragu Cheese Sauce *same as Campbell's*. This was quick to make, wonderful blend of flavors and pretty. Love it Katybugkaren! Made for PAC Fall 07.