Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely fish, we like this with corn on the cob.
- 2 lbs fish fillets (I like halibut or orange roughy)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- Spread fish filets in 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix butter and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle over fish.
- Spread onion slices on top.
- Bake uncovered, at 375* for about 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
This recipe is simple, fast and tastes wonderful! It also fits in perfectly with my Somersize diet. I used cod filets, took Freda2Brown's advise and sprinkled with some dried tarragon, as well as a couple of cloves of minced garlic. I served this with stir fried broccoli with red pepper and mushrooms. This one's going to be a regular for me. Thanks Inez!
This was a very good baked fish. I used halibut and we really enjoyed it a lot. Although the lemon, butter and onions went well together, I think I'll add a sprinkle of dried tarragon next time. We finished the fish off with latke's with sour cream and a small Caesar salad. Good! Thanks for this one MizzNezz.
Made this the other night and followed the directions only using cod. I did use lemon pepper instead of black but followed the recipe instructions which are simple and easy. Served it with Pammesan Pepper Rice Pilaf#84873 and broccoli. Made for a delicious meal. Thank you.