1/1 Photo of Easy and Tasty Hamburger Gravy
This is similar to Hamburger Stroganoff. I was at the grocery store yesterday and was going through their 3 marked down items carts. I found some cans of "Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup" in one of them. I have never seen that kind of soup before. I grabbed a couple of cans of it, figuring that I could come up with a recipe to use one of them them in. Even though there is some beef in the soup, I still used it with hamburger. This is very easy to make. It's more like a Stroganoff without added mushrooms. I am allergic to black pepper, so I don't add it to my recipes. Use however much you want to. You can use more onion and garlic if you want to. Prep time and cook time are appx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the ground beef in a medium sized skillet on med-hi heat.
- 2Drain fat if necessary.
- 3Add the chopped onion and garlic to the hamburger.
- 4Cook on medium heat until the onion and garlic are tender and the hamburger is done.
- 5Add the can of soup.
- 6If desired, add 1/2 can of water, using the soup can.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Lower heat to medium to med-lo and simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Add the sour cream and stir.
- 10Heat until it just barely starts to boil.
- 11Thicken if necessary, using your own method.
- 12Keep hot until ready to serve.
- 13Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
- 14Or add cooked noodles to it when it is completely done.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Tasty Hamburger Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 1242.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 31.0 g