Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this came from a Kraft magazine. It's a delicious addition to a meal! Be generous with your tablespoons of cream cheese and sour cream! This recipe easily doubles or triples.
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 -4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup deli ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and chicken broth in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add potatoes, ham, green onions, and most of the cheese. Stir to coat all ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 9" square baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
I made this the other night to go with our dinner and was a great side to our steak, easy to prepare and tasty too. My only issue is I would have liked it a little "saucier". Once cooked all the liquid had evaporated and the top layer of potatoes were a little crunchy...still tasted good but more sauce would have been great.
Tasty recipe. Substituted yogurt for the sour cream and increased the chicken broth abit. Added garlic salt & herb seasoning also. Thanks for sharing.
This is going to be my new "go to" recipe for scalloped potatoes! Easy and great flavor. I think they would be great without the ham also, if you are serving them with other meat. Thanks for this keeper. Made for Adopt-a-Tag 2008.