Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are an onion-lover you will love this, it takes very little time to make and may be made in advance covered and refrigerated until ready to bake, use mayonnaise only for this not salad dressing --- serve this dip with Ritz butter crackers --- servings are only estimated.
Top Review by Boomette
Usually we don't like dips with mayonnaise. I took a change and made this recipe. It was really good. I made half the recipe, used a vidalia onion and a pie plate. It was perfect. Thanks Kit :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped (won't hurt to add in one more onion!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing, use Hellman's mayo for this)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste) (optional)
- cayenne pepper (adjust to heat level) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic together until well combined and smooth.
- Mix inchopped onions until combined, then season with black pepper and cayenne (if using).
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with butter crackers.