Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
This is by far the BEST Almond Roca imitation that I have tasted! You don't have to be a pro at making candy to make this. If you like Almond Roca, you just gotta try it!!
Top Review by carmenskitchen
I loved this! It tasted just like what you would purchase in a specialty store. I had to make it twice though, as the first batch I burned. The second time a took the advice of others and it took exactly 10 min from the moment it began to boil. I will make this again for sure!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Cook butter, sugar, water, vanilla and salt in a heavy saucepan over high heat, stirring mixture constantly, 15-18 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310°F.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over almonds (do not scrape the pan).
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate morsels and spread evenly to 1/2 inch from sides.
- Sprinkle with ground walnuts.
- Let stand until firm.
- Break into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
- (The toffee mixture will not coat the entire baking sheet).