Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect side dish for grilled meat. My family eats it with grilled spicy meatballs. You can adjust the ingredients to make it as creamy or as sweet as you want.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄2-1 medium onion (red or yellow)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (or sourcream)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dill, chopped
- Half the cucumber lengthwise and slice thin. Half the onion and slice really thin. (I always use the mandolin).
- To a small bowl add : garlic, yogurt, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly with the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust seasoning. You could eat it now or put in the fridge for a while.
- Before serving fold in the dill.
This is a good and refreshing recipe. I left out the oil. It is not needed. I used light sour cream. I also used dried dill, about 1 teaspoon. I used two packets of Splenda instead of sugar. I will make this again for sure. Thank you for posting, Bellinda.
We really enjoy cucumber salads and this one was great! I did double the recipe, used sour cream instead of yogurt, olive oil instead of sunflower oil and dried dill. Added about a teaspoon of sugar and eyeballed the amount of dill. Very yummy and easy to make! Thank you *Bellinda* for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Vegetarian/Vegan forums Veg* N Swap #13.
Made as directed except for using 1 tablespoon dill. And it was plenty good! Thanks for a delish side. Thanks!