Recipe by *Bellinda*
This is the perfect side dish for grilled meat. My family eats it with grilled spicy meatballs. You can adjust the ingredients to make it as creamy or as sweet as you want.
Top Review by nott
This is a good and refreshing recipe. I left out the oil. It is not needed. I used light sour cream. I also used dried dill, about 1 teaspoon. I used two packets of Splenda instead of sugar. I will make this again for sure. Thank you for posting, Bellinda.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄2-1 medium onion (red or yellow)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (or sourcream)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Half the cucumber lengthwise and slice thin. Half the onion and slice really thin. (I always use the mandolin).
- To a small bowl add : garlic, yogurt, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly with the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust seasoning. You could eat it now or put in the fridge for a while.
- Before serving fold in the dill.