Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dutch Oven Cobbler. This is the real Boy Scout Version. Made this more times then I can count
- 1 cup butter (2cubes)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups fruit juice
- 4 cups fresh fruit
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (Or 2 Cans pie filling)
- Melt 1-cup butter in 12" Dutch oven and let cool.
- Place fruit in a bowl and pour sugar over them& mix.
- Set a side and let stand.
- In a bowl mix flour mixture together.
- Pour Bater evenly over melted butter in Dutch oven.
- Pour peach mixture evenly over the bater in Dutch oven.
- Cook time: 45-60 minutes@ 350 degrees or until batter comes to top and is golden brown.
- Note: If using canned fruit pour all of the juice off, can be used instead of milk.
- You can use any kind of fruit with this recipe.