Dutch Oven Hawaiian Pot Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 4 lbs beef chuck cross-rib roasts, boneless
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, drained from tidbits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut 1 inch diagonal pieces
- 13 1⁄4 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 4 ounces canned mushroom slices
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a Dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Pour off fat drippings.
- Add soy sauce, pineapple, juice, ginger, and onion; mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until done.
- (Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- during the last 20 minutes of cooking, add celery, pineapple tidbits, mushrooms, and juice.
- When meat is done, remove and keep warm.
- Skim fat from liquid.
- Mix cornstarch in water.
- Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat, and serve sauce separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I just got a dutch oven today and had london broil in the fridge that I needed to cook up for dinner. This recipe was spot on. I followed the recipe with the exception of onions, garlic and mushrooms because of allergies and personal preference. And I added extra pineapple because we love it. Plus added green peppers and carrots. delicious and simple. Thank you! Definitely a keeper.
I did mine in the oven and loved this recipe. I kicked it up a notch at the end by adding 1 green and 1 red bell peppers to bring more of in "island flair". Suggest to cook the vegetables with 30 minutes of cook time remaining. They were still to crunchy at 20 minutes. I served mine over white rice and was perfect. This recipe would also be wonderful with the addition of chopped cashews sprinkled on the top as an additional level of flavor. Yummo!