Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are good anytime but especially nice on a Christmas goodie tray.
Make and share this Dutch Cheese Wafers recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Chill 45 minutes.
- Form mixture into balls (teaspoon).
- Press thumb in centre of ball and place cherry in depression.
- Bake at 350°F on ungreased cookie sheet 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.
These are good cookies. Not too sweet and have a nice chew to them. I made with maraschino cherries. I just wish they didn't spread so much...Made for Help A Naked Recipe in the Photo Forum.
These are delicious! I use almond extract and candied cherries, then I rolled the individual dough balls in crushed Wheaties before baking.