- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans beets, sliced
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beets, reserving 1 cup liquid (discard remaining liquid); set beets aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add the reserved beet liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and beets; heat through.