A variation of an original Alton Brown Recipe. This breakfast pancake is served with syrup. A 10-12 inch cast iron pan is pretty important. I pre fry up the bacon in batches and freeze in "snack size" zip locks for quicker time to the plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If not already fried, fry bacon pieces until almost crispy and set on paper towel to drain. Discard bacon fat or save for another use.
- Place butter in 10-12 inch cast iron fry pan and place in oven until just melted and then remove.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except syrup, and mix well but do not over beat. Stir in bacon pieces.
- Pour into the cast iron pan with the melted butter and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove to cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with syrup.
No bunnies were harmed in the making of this breakfast.