i love duck and i love confit salads. this one is a winner! i have a recipe for crockpot confit posted, and petitfour has several confit recipes posted here to make it the real old fashioned way,her recipes are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 duck confit, legs reheated and shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, to taste
- 6 heads endive
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted,skinned,chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 1in a saucepan combine onion, red wine, vinegar, sugar, thyme, cook on low until onions are tender and most liquid evaporates, set aside.
- 2cut off endive stems and separate into leaves.
- 3rinse with water and cook in microwave for 45 seconds, drain and set aside.
- 4place bacon in a skillet, cook until crispy, reserving fat.
- 5break bacon into pieces, add back to pan with endive and onion mixture, hazelnuts, parslet, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, stir well, check for seasoning.
- 6place endive mixture onto 6 serving plates make vinaigretter-whisk together pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, vinegar and hazelnut oil.
- 7spoon onto endive mixture, top with duck, serve.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Confit Salad With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 177.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: