Recipe by chia
i love duck and i love confit salads. this one is a winner! i have a recipe for crockpot confit posted, and petitfour has several confit recipes posted here to make it the real old fashioned way,her recipes are great.
- 3 duck confit, legs reheated and shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, to taste
- 6 heads endive
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted,skinned,chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- in a saucepan combine onion, red wine, vinegar, sugar, thyme, cook on low until onions are tender and most liquid evaporates, set aside.
- cut off endive stems and separate into leaves.
- rinse with water and cook in microwave for 45 seconds, drain and set aside.
- place bacon in a skillet, cook until crispy, reserving fat.
- break bacon into pieces, add back to pan with endive and onion mixture, hazelnuts, parslet, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, stir well, check for seasoning.
- place endive mixture onto 6 serving plates make vinaigretter-whisk together pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, vinegar and hazelnut oil.
- spoon onto endive mixture, top with duck, serve.