1/1 Photo of Duck and Pineapple Curry
From Delicious Magazine - I haven't tried this yet but wanted to store it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 625 ml coconut milk
- 1 peking duck, boned and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, shaved
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 30 g snake beans, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 70 g fresh pineapple chunks
- 10 Thai basil, to taste
- 1To make make curry paste soak chillies in water for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- 2Remove stems and seeds and roughly chop.
- 3Heat frypan over high heat, wrap shrimp paste in foil and heat in the pan for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Cool then use a mortar and pestle to pound the shrimp paste and remaining curry paste ingredients into a fine paste, adding a little water if necessary.
- 5Or chop ingredients into a paste using a small food processor.
- 6To make duck curry, place coconut milk and curry paste in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add duck, stock, sugar, fish sauce, beans, lime leaves and a pinch of salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Add tomatoes and pineapple and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 10Just before serving stir in basil leaves.
- 11Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck and Pineapple Curry
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 835.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves