Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
with cumble topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the topping, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- For the muffins, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, oil and milk; mix well. Add egg mixture, cherries and pecans to flour mixture; stir only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into 12 paper-lined or lightly greased muffin cups (2 3/4 inches in diameter). Sprinkle reserved crumb topping evenly over batter.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
A quick and tasty muffin recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand.
I made this recipe with dried sweet cherries I dried a few weeks ago and had frozen. I followed the recipe to a "T" except I added about 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and didn't add any nuts, only because I didn't have any on hand, otherwise I might have used slivered almonds. These muffins were SOOOOOO GOOD!! I ate one warm and it was like heaven! Thank you so much for posting.
I did these with dried blueberries and Greek yogurt substituting for the sour cream and they're scrumptious!