Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's some good, down-home Pennsylvania Dutch cooking for you--dried beef is very popular here. This recipe proves there's more that you can make with it besides 'S.O.S.!' Serve with salad or a green vegetable and you have a meal that really sticks to your ribs on those cold winter nights.
- 1 (5 ounce) jarsliced dried beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups raw small elbow macaroni
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased casserole.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, then serve and enjoy.
This is a great recipe, and so easy to make since you don't have to boil the pasta. The whole family loves it!
I love SOS but my DH does not, so i was searching for other things to do with dried beef and came upon this recipe, we are eating this for dinner tonight and holy cow, it's great!!!! This will be a winter staple for us now, so easy to prepare and wonderful flavor