Beet and Apple Salad
photo by Kaarin
- Ready In:
- For dressing, combine egg with sugar and beat well.
- Stir in flour and mustard.
- Add mixture to heated water and vinegar in a small heavy saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thick, 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 4 salad ingredients.
- Pour the cooled dressing over and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley and chopped nuts, as desired.
- Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 adorable children-an 8 year old daredevil son, a 5 1/2 year old princess and a wild little 2 year old girl! I love to cook, and like having my little helpers in the kitchen! I usually love recipes that are completely from scratch (I still love them actually) but right now my focus is on having any kind of food ready by mealtime! It's a little crazy here lately. Every summer we have a huge organic garden, apple orchard and raspberry and blueberry patches, along with a woods full of wild foods waiting for me to learn what they are so I can collect them. I'm learning about wild mushrooms first, so if anyone has any tips, let me know. We also eat wild venison which my husband and I hunt ourselves. It's our favorite meat, since it's lean, organic and cheap! Some of my hobbies are: hiking, biking, rock climbing, gardening, playing in the water with my kids, or just swinging in the hammock with a good book. I go stir crazy if I spend too much time inside.