3 hrs 40 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
The Range Rover's Note:
This dish might take awhile but it is worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup peeled chopped red potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups frozen lima beans
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Place chicken and 1 1/2 tsp salt in large dutch oven; add water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover then reduce heat and simmer 2 to 21/2 hours or until done.
- 4Drain and reserve broth.
- 5Remove and discard skin from the ckicken.
- 6Next bone and shred the chicken; set aside.
- 7Skim the fat from the broth and return it to the dutch oven.
- 8Bring to a boil,then reduce heat and simmer until the broth is reduced to 2 cups.
- 9Add potatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- 10Add tomatoes, lima beans and onion and simmer 20 more minutes.
- 11Stir in chicken, corn and remaining ingredients and simmer 10 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drago's Brunswick Stew
Serving Size: 1 (3075 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 986.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 34.0 g