Traditional Brunswick Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 lbs ground pork (chopped pork barbecue works well)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until the onion is transparent. Add the meat and brown.
- Drain and add all other ingredients except potato flakes. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- Add potato flakes (more or less than the amount listed)to thicken to desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.