Traditional Brunswick Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 lbs ground pork (chopped pork barbecue works well)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until the onion is transparent. Add the meat and brown.
- Drain and add all other ingredients except potato flakes. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- Add potato flakes (more or less than the amount listed)to thicken to desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
Join The Conversation