Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Combination of two of my favorites--yum! Make it a day ahead as you would any of the milk chowders or stews for the flavors to blend.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lobsters (cooked and picked)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 slices bacon (diced and fried)
- 4 cups cubed raw potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups whole milk (part half and half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the lobster about 18 minutes and put on platter to cool and collect the lobster juice; save.
- Dice and fry the bacon and set aside; saving grease.
- Slice the onions and put in pan with the bacon grease and the butter; cook till almost done; add the water part of which is the reserved lobster liquid.
- Lay the haddock on top of the onion; cover and steam till haddock is done.
- Add the diced potatoes and steam till almost done.
- Add the cut up lobster pieces.
- Add the salt and pepper. Stir carefully.
- Add the milk; simmer BUT DO NOT BOIL for about 20 minutes.
- Make the day before to mix flavors.