Recipe by IAcupcake
A chocolate AND a peanut butter layer!! Sounds yummy! Cook time includes cool time. Haven't tried this yet; keeping it here for safekeeping. Found in one of my cookbooks. I would leave out the peanuts, but that's just me. Hope you like it!
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk (2/3 cup each)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil, using enough to extend over the sides.
- Put 3 cups sugar, 3/4 cup butter, and 1 can evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly so it won't scorch, for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Add the peanut butter and 1 jar of marshmallow creme, stir until completely melted. Add 1 cup peanuts and 1 tsp vanilla, mix well. Pour into the 13x9 pan right away, spread evenly.
- Put 3 cups sugar, 3/4 cup butter, and last can of evaporated milk in large pan to boil. Bring to a rolling boil, boil for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the chocolate and last jar of marshmallow creme until melted. Add 1/2 cup peanuts and 1 tsp vanilla, mix well. Pour over the peanut butter layer, spread evenly, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts. Cool at room temperature for 4 hours before cutting to serve. Store at room temp in a tightly covered container.