My brother's recipe -- he adopted it from the marshmallow creme jar and always makes it for family reunions! Time to make includes cooling time of 4 hours; this does not really take long to make, just to cool.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 12 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a large heavy saucepan and bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 4 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and marshmallow creme.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan and spread to form even layer in pan.
- Let stand at room temperature until completely cooled, about 4 hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- You can package up a few pieces together for gift giving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this as one of three fudges for my Christmas baskets. I used 2 1/2 cups sugar, 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, and I boiled it for 5 minutes (I'm not sure if the extra minute makes a difference, but I have an old Fantasy Fudge recipe, that what it says, and it has always worked great). I also used a 9x12 pan, just because I was going to give this to a bunch of people, and it makes more that way. I actually refrigerate it (to cool and store), and it works great!Reply