Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this off off breadnet.net The following recipe is for a 1 pound loaf, using the bread machine.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Select loaf size and add ingredients to machine according to machine instructions.
- Using mini chips works better than the larger chips. You can add them in the beginning.
- I find the addition of a tesp. of Cinnamon to be nice, this is optional.