Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the Entenmann's Website
- 16 plain doughnuts, stale
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor combine butter and sugar just until it forms into a ball. Add eggs, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla, and process until blended.
- Break the donuts into 1-inch pieces and spread them in the prepared pan. Scatter the raisins over the top, and pour the egg mixture over all.
- Set aside to soak for 5 to 10 minutes, pushing the donut pieces down into the custard to ensure even coverage.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes to brown the top.
- Donut pudding is done when the custard is set, but still soft.
- For zabaglione:
- Microwave ice cream for 20 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon to loosen and then stir in Marsala wine.
- Cut pudding into squares and serve topped with zabaglione.