Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding
photo by Rick K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 eggs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 11 stale original glazed krispy kreme doughnuts, do NOT substitute grocery store stale donuts as they tend to be too dense
- 2 tablespoons milk
- glaze - 1/4 cup milk and 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Coat 9x13 baking pan lightly with Pam or similar.
- Cut donuts into 8 pieces and place in baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients except for glaze in medium bowl and whisk together.
- Pour mixture over donuts in baking pan and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap. Can let sit over night if you can. If that is possible, use glass pan and not metal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when close to removal time from fridge.
- Using a spatula, flip donuts over in pan and compress to ensure they are covered in mixture and fairly uniform depth.
- Remove plastic wrap from pan and replace with aluminum foil and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil after 35 minutes and bake for at least 10 minutes until top starts to turn golden and the mix starts to puff up.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine milk and confectioner's sugar in small bowl and whisk together.
- Drizzle over top of donut mix with tablespoon.
- Serve warm and vanilla ice cream is a great complement to this.
- You can half the entire recipe and bake in 9x9 baking pan and the bake time is about 10% faster.
Questions & Replies
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!