Chef #361672's Note:
a flavorful recipe without anchovies but FULL of flavour...learned from a german frau in calgary..recognized by garnett page of the calgary herald (food critic)(of the most highest taste!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (french's is our preferred brand)
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (lea & perrins is best)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 raw egg yolk (coddled if you prefer but i dont like spoiled eggs!!!!lolol)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- romaine lettuce
- parmesan cheese
- bacon bits (real..ok!!)
- grilled chicken or shrimp, if desired
- fresh ground pepper
- 1-in a WOODEN mixing bowl,crush the garlic using a fork -- wipe around the edges of the bowl.
- 2-add dijon mustard,worcestershire sauce,tabasco,lemon juice,egg yolk and the red wine vinegar.
- 3-mix using a fork in a circling motion.
- 4-dribble(not drool like i am by this stage!)the olive oil until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- 5-tear the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces
- 6-ONLY JUST BEFORE SERVING,add the lettuce to the dressing in the same mixing bowl.
- 7-add croutons and parmesan cheese as well
- 8as bacon bits to taste -- THEN TOSS!
- 9-BON APPETTIT!
- 10-freah ground pepper to taste.
- 11-(may add grilled chicken or shrimp,if you wish,to make a meal).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donny's Most Perfect Awesome Caesar Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g