Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
a flavorful recipe without anchovies but FULL of flavour...learned from a german frau in calgary..recognized by garnett page of the calgary herald (food critic)(of the most highest taste!!)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (french's is our preferred brand)
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (lea & perrins is best)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 raw egg yolk (coddled if you prefer but i dont like spoiled eggs!!!!lolol)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- romaine lettuce
- parmesan cheese
- bacon bits (real..ok!!)
- grilled chicken or shrimp, if desired
- fresh ground pepper
- -in a WOODEN mixing bowl,crush the garlic using a fork -- wipe around the edges of the bowl.
- -add dijon mustard,worcestershire sauce,tabasco,lemon juice,egg yolk and the red wine vinegar.
- -mix using a fork in a circling motion.
- -dribble(not drool like i am by this stage!)the olive oil until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- -tear the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces
- -ONLY JUST BEFORE SERVING,add the lettuce to the dressing in the same mixing bowl.
- -add croutons and parmesan cheese as well
- as bacon bits to taste -- THEN TOSS!
- -BON APPETTIT!
- -freah ground pepper to taste.
- -(may add grilled chicken or shrimp,if you wish,to make a meal).
very good salad dressing, my batch was a bit too tangy but i think i may have added too much dijon mustard!