1 hr 55 mins
Doc's Seafood Shack & Oyster Bar, Orange Beach, Alabama
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb skinned boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, suace
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid crab boil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 1 3/4 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup file powder
- hot cooked rice
- 1Heat oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- 2Add in chicken; saute 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3Remove chicken, reserving drippings in stockpot.
- 4Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; saute 4 minutes or until tender.
- 5Gradually add 7 cups water, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of stockpot.
- 6Return chicken to stockpot.
- 7Combine gravy mix and 1 cup water, stirring well.
- 8Add gravy mixture, parsley flakes, and the next 10 ingredients to stockpot.
- 9Cover and bring to a boil.
- 10Decrease heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 11Peel shrimp and devein.
- 12Add fish to gumbo mixture; cook 5 minutes.
- 13Add shrimp and crabmeat; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 14Add file powder; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally or until thickened.
- 15Remove and discard bay leaves.
- 16Remove gumbo from heat; serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doc's Seafood Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 420.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning