Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious pizza that's a combination of a pesto pizza and antipasto salad!!! Created by the Pantry Raiding Divas for the Zaar World Tour II! NOTE: If you'd rather use fresh red bell peppers, slice 1/2 red bell pepper into rings and saute with the mushrooms. NOTE: Purchased pesto may be used, if desired.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 -2 medium fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (the good stuff!)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese (or mozzarella)
- 3 roasted red peppers, cut in strips (or fresh, see NOTE)
- 1⁄8 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup quartered artichoke heart, cut into chunks
- 1 prepared pizza crust (homemade, or purchased)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Prepare pesto sauce by combining basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in blender or food processor. Blend well.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil in blender or processor while blending, until thick.
- Season to taste with salt. (None may be necessary.).
- Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in skillet and saute mushrooms a few minutes to increase flavor. (If using fresh red bell pepper, add with mushrooms.) Cool slightly.
- Spread pesto sauce over pizza crust.
- Evenly distribute provolone, red bell peppers, black olives and artichokes over pesto.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
This is my first review. The pizza was so good it was worth my time to leave a comment. I used store bought pesto and sun dried tomatoes instead of red peppers. An easy to make, filling, vegetarian option...thanks for sharing.
Yummy, yummy! I broke my diet for this one, and it was well worth it! Thanks for sharing!
Pesto and antipasto on pizza, ooh and aah!