1/3 Photos of Dinner for Two, Please James!
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Pass the corkscrew, please. I have a Lambrusco here tapping on the inside for a breath... (POP) Ahhhh, Breathing at last. Kick back, relax, enjoy a glass of this aromatic red while I prepare Dinner for Two... Here is the main course, darlin'. This dinner you ask? An original developed for World Wide Recipe Swap...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium to coarse
- 2 -3 large roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper, from mill to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry tarragon
- 1 tablespoon grated oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces pasta, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic slices stirring constantly, until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Add chopped onion and stir until clarified.
- 4Add chopped tomatoes with their juice; return garlic to mixture. Squeeze lemon juice by hand into mixture.
- 5Bring to a slow simmer and mix well.
- 6Add tarragon, oregano and parmesan cheese. Grind pepper from mill, to taste.
- 7Add red wine. Cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Uncover and allow to simmer until liquid is reduced to half.
- 8Add shrimp and cook uncovered until pink.
- 9In the meantime boil water to cook pasta al dente.
- 10Drain pasta and set aside -- When shrimp is pink, add pasta to sauce and mix well to coat.
- 11Divide between two pasta plates, spoon sauce and shrimps over noodles, and enjoy.
- 12Open another bottle of wine, and smile.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dinner for Two, Please James!
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 350.0 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 65.0 g