Beautiful Burger Buns
photo by Stardustannie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Combine all the ingredients and mix and knead them together, by hand or by mixer, until you have a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a flattened ball; place the buns on greased baking sheets, cover and let rise 30-40 minutes, until they're puffy.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake the buns for 12-15 minutes, until they're golden brown; remove from oven and baking sheet and cool them on a rack.
- Split and use for burgers or sandwiches.
- For burgers, butter the split sides and fry them, buttered side down, until they're golden brown and warmed through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i just bought the book, and i had to try these, because of all the great reviews. i used active dry yeast, which i proofed with the 1 cup of water, slightly warmed. then i just proceed on from there. i did have to use more flour than specified (humid singapore weather); i weighed it -about 14 1/2 ounce. try not to omit the onion powder (1 tsp), it gives a wonderful taste to these. i made them into 10 mini pig-in-blankets, and 6 cheddar rolls (rolled small pcs of dough around cubed cheese & topped with bits of cheese) and 1 mini cinnamon raisin loaf. totally yummy. the dough is quite sticky to work with.
I kind of rushed this recipe so I went with the shortest time for each step, they were a little harder than normal buns. My hubby thought they were great, my daughter, who is newly wearing braces, had a little trouble. I liked the taste and the fact that I did not have to run to the store to get buns. The leftovers also went very well with the spaghetti we had for dinner the next night. I will definatley make these again and take a little more time. thanks!
Definitely 5+ stars. The texture of these buns are fantastic.I don't think I will go back to store bought burger buns. These were very easy to make. I warmed the water and the butter in the microwave to lukewarm and mixed the egg into this before adding to the dry ingredients. I used the onion powder in the batter. Thanks for the great recipe. Rita