Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came up with this one years ago, I have never seen another quite like it. Quick light and easy. If you are short on time this can be approximated with a package of pre-made potato soup with leftover boiled potatoes and lots of dill (dried or fresh) added.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 potatoes, sliced thin
- 20 ounces chicken broth (2 cans) or 20 ounces vegetable broth (2 cans)
- 1 -3 tablespoon dried dill or 1 -3 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- rye bread
- in a soup pot melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute more
- add potatoes and broth
- reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are soft.
- add dill, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- adjust the seasonings and add milk.
- bring back to a boil and serve with a soft rustic rye bread.
Delicious and healthy. This is comfort food to me, I love potato soup and I love dill. Quick and easy to prepare, so I will be making it again. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting a keeper.