Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite egg salad. Lovely served on hot buttered toast with lettuce leaves, or as an appie on wheat crackers. Prep time does not include chill time. From "The Green House" fine herbs grower in Encinitas, CA.
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- Blend first four ingredients together. Mix in diced hard boiled eggs.
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve on hot buttered toast with butter lettuce, or as a spread on wheat crackers.
Oh, yummy! Followed half the recipe to a "T". Had to use dried dill--couldn't find any fresh--still--fantastic flavor. Will make again! Made for The Magic of Herbs in Cooking Photos.
This egg salad is the best! Dill is one of my favorite foods, but I had never thought to add it to egg salad. The only thing I did differently was to leave out the pimientos. The taste was incredible, and I think this will become a favorite recipe of mine. Thanks so much.
I loved this. I was a little nervous--no salt, no pepper, no onions. But the dill is delightful and I'm enjoying every bit which is just as well since hubby and son weren't that excited about it. I did not have pimentos and used some left over roasted red peppers out of the jar, chopped small. This is well worth making again and I'm thrilled to be the first reviewer.