Recipe by CookingMonster
I liked this recipe, because I didn't have to do a whole bunch of jars at one time, I could go out and pick a few cucumbers and do one jar at a time.
Top Review by gmcmkc
Made these pickles several days ago, can't happen but notice that the garlic has turned blue in the jar? I am sure it is okay but have never seen this happen before. I did notice on the picture that the garlic also looks blue. Also the recipe does not say how long to wait before tasting.
- 2 heads dill, per quart
- 1 -2 garlic clove, per quart
- 10 -12 pickling cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt (pickling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place heads of dill and garlic in hot sterilized quart jar. Fill with small cucumbers to within 1 inch of top.
- Brine: Combine water, venegar and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over cucumbers to within 1/4 inch of top with boiling vinegar.
- Makes one quart.