Oh so Good Sweet Dill Pickles
from Bon Apetit and tweaked a bit. The pickles are dill but with a sweet taste. You can make these one week ahead of time, and they should keep for 2-3 weeks, but I bet you eat them before that! These are great for summer relish trays by the BBQ.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion
- 2 lbs cucumbers
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole white peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- Wash and scrub cucumbers, cut into 1/4" rounds.
- Thinly slice onion and put half in each 1 quart wide mouth jar.
- Chop fresh dill and add on top of onion in each jar.
- Use a plastic bag and crush mustard seeds and peppercorns.
- Place crushed spices in a saucepan.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and dill seeds.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Put one half cucumbers in each jar.
- Ladle vinegar mixture over cukes.
- Leave jars uncovered to cool.
- Chill in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, cover pickle jars with lids.
- Keep refrigerated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made these as a trial run for making more, & I hit the jackpot with these ~ THEY'RE GREAT! Will definitely make these again to include on my next finger food buffet! Also have them saved in my Holiday Gift Ideas cookbook! Absolutely love changing a dill to a sweet! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]Reply