Recipe by Lennie
Forget the traditional mayonnaise you always use in devilled eggs and try this instead.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Lennie, these are definitely different and very good. The cream cheese and relish together... soooo good!! I made regular deviled eggs and also a batch of these and both went. These are a keeper!! Thanks for sharing.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft-spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggs and halve lengthwise; place yolks in a mixing bowl and set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with the cream cheese, then add the relish and the dry mustard; substitute 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard if dry mustard powder is not available; stir well.
- Taste filling and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill whites, either with a teaspoon or get fancy and use a pastry bag with a star tip, and chill until serving.
- Traditional garnish is a sprinkling of paprika.