Green [& Deviled] Eggs 'n' Ham
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 10 large eggs, hard-cooked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 slice honey-baked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Carefully cut eggs into halves lengthwise. Just as carefully, scoop out yolks & into a bowl.
- Mash yolks well, then mix in mayo, mustard & relish.
- Add green food color ONE DROP AT A TIME, mixing well after EACH drop, until desired intensity of green is achieved.
- Add chopped ham & lemon pepper & mix well.
- Carefully spoon & slightly mound yolk mixture into each hollowed egg white half.
- If using paprika, sprinkle lightly over the green deviled eggs & serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these delicious deviled eggs to go with our Christmas Eve snacks. Everyone loved them; especially my grandchildren. They loved the color and the combo of ham, honey mustard and the relish. They were a hit and I will definitely make them again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, December, 2011.
What a clever idea! On top of that, it's delicious. I halved the recipe. I did use the paprika, but I think if I were making this for kids or for something like St. Patrick's Day I'd leave it out--it kind of spoils the "green" idea. I also agree with the previous reviewer who said that if these were chopped up they'd make a great sandwich spread. Thanks for posting!
see 9 more reviews