Recipe by KathyP53
This is a delicious pork roast recipe (my favorite kind of roast), beats beef all to heck in my opinion. The potatoes and carrots cooked alongside are wonderful.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed and tied
- 10 fresh carrots, sliced diagonally
- 10 small red potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before,smash garlic with the back of a knife and smoosh in 1 tablespoons of kosher and thyme leaves until you have a paste. Add the mustard and spread mixture over the pork loin. Store overnight in the refrigerator. Allow roast to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss carrots, potatoes, and onion slices in large bowl with the olive oil, melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Place vegetables in large roasting pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Add pork roast to roasting pan and roast for 50 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in middle of roast reads 140 degrees. Remove from oven, cover meat with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut strings from roast and serve on a platter with roasted veggies.