Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From E. Shern at Madison Middle School.
- 8 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- dill, to taste
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento, and juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine potatoes, onion, eggs, pickles and pimiento. Mix remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Chill for several hours.
With the few changes I made, I loved this salad! I only used about 2 tbls. sugar, added celery and instead of jarred pimientos, I used fresh red bell pepper. Oh, and I used regular mayonnaise instead of salad dressing(personal preference). Thanks for a delicious salad!