Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are searching for a winning stuffing recipe, I know that I am always looking for a great one....well, here's one that I believe to be a real winner, wow, does it have a wonderful flavor, I think that the addition of pineapple just gives it the right amound of tanginess...a great combo of flavours in this stuffing recipe....the ultimate side dish along side a turkey or ham dinner.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pork sausage
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 8 cups fresh white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pineapple (I use fresh pineapple, but chunks or rings can be used, just drain well)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, cook pork until browned; drain, set aside.
- In another skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in celery, onion and garlic (if using).
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- In a bowl, stir together the bread, cooked sausage, celery, onion, pineapple, cranberries, pecans, parsley, oregano, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly-greased 3-quart casserole dish; cover the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.