Recipe by MamaMeag
I looked in my cupboards to see what I could put on our salmon, and what I ended up with was a dish that tasted like it was out of a restaurant (in our opinion)! We couldn't get enough of it! This is a wonderful recipe to use with company, entertaining, or just adding variety to weekly family meal time! My youngest (who normally doesn't enjoy salmon) even ate this...which means it was a HIT in our house! =) Hope you all enjoy it, too!
- 1 lb salmon fillet (cut to fit into an 8x8 baking dish)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (you could use olive oil, I'm sure)
- 2 tablespoons organic sodium-free seasoning (I use a blend of 21 organic spices from Costco)
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used creamed honey, but use what you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon organic mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (this gives it a kick, so...use less if you aren't excited about spice)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in an 8x8 glass baking dish add all ingredients to make the "sauce".
- with a wire whisk, combine all ingredients (the "sauce" will be kind of thick).
- place salmon in the glass dish, nicely coating both sides with the sauce before positioning for baking (you can spoon some of the extra sauce on the sides onto the top of the salmon, making a nice layer on top).
- bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon.
- remove from oven and serve.
- Hope you enjoy this one!