Tilapia for Company
photo by Wildflour
- Ready In:
- Cook bacon in large skillet 'til crisp. Approximately 5 minutes. Remove and chop.
- Reserve 1 Tbl of bacon grease in skillet.
- To hot skillet add olive oil; then fish (two fillets at a time, keeping first two warm).
- Cook 2 or 4 minutes. Turn fish after salting and peppering first side.
- Fish is done when it can be flaked w/fork.
- Add garlic, bacon and mushrooms (if using). Toss to coat.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Return first fillets to skillet.
- Add scallions last 20 seconds.
- Arrange fillets on a platter or individual plates and spoon sauce, scallions over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is wonderful! I have made it 3 times now and will continue to make it. Even the fish haters in my family have tried it and liked it! I uploaded a couple of photos of tonights dinner. Garlic and olive oil sauteed spinach and couscous made a wonderful bed for the fish and sauce. We have had it with rice pilaf as well and like that better than the couscous because there is a little more flavor but ultimately it's the fish that makes this dish! YUM!