Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I put the salad in a container for a work lunch. It can also be used as a filling for a pita pocket. Kids may prefer Black Forest Ham rather than salami. I found this on a vegan site, but haven't tried it as yet.
- 2 red peppers
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 38 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces mild salami
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Cut red peppers in half lengthwise.
- Place cut side down on foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil about 15 minutes or until skin is blistered.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel off blackened skin, seed and cut into strips.
- In large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, pepper and salt.
- Add red pepper strips, chickpeas, salami or ham, olives, onion, carrot, parsley and oregano.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates.