Deli Pasta Salad
photo by Acerast
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 lb smoked provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup black olives, sliced (I usually cheat and use a 4 oz can of sliced olives)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Mix ingredients for dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Toss with 1/4 cup dressing.
- Add remaining ingredients to dressing in bowl and mix.
- Combine with pasta and chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow is this a great salad! It tastes like you're eating a grinder - so much in fact that I caught DH sprinkling it with pepperoncinis as he does his sandwiches. I found the flavors to be well balanced and the ratio of veggies to pasta to be just right. I've never used smoked provolone before but will be buying it for sandwiches and salads from now on. Thanks for a delicious salad recipe.